Anthony Nicholas Narigi Memorial Baseball Scholarship Fund
The Anthony Nicholas Narigi Memorial Baseball Endowment was established as a permanent fund at the Community Foundation for Monterey County in 2008 by friends of the Narigi family to support youth baseball in Monterey County.
The award recipient will be chosen based on:
- Academic and extra-curricular achievements;
- Good character;
- Work ethic, dedication, loyalty, and moral values;
- Future plans for schooling and participation in the sport of baseball;
- Demonstrated financial need.
The award recipient must:
- Be a resident of Monterey County;
- Be a student in 12th grade, or attending college;
- Have completed two years as a participant in organized baseball;
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Anthony Nicholas Narigi
- 3 awards up to $5,000
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you secured a spot on a baseball team for this upcoming year?
- Please submit an essay of approximately 200-500 words addressing the following: 1. Where and for what team will you playing baseball this upcoming year. 2. Why you plan to focus on the sport of baseball? 3. What has influenced your desire to do so? 4. What person has been most influential in this decision, and why? 5. What is your reason or need for requested financial assistance?”
- Please upload a letter of recommendation from a current teacher, baseball coach, or athletic director.