California Rodeo Salinas Scholarship
The California Rodeo Salinas is passionate about supporting youth education in our community and has awarded scholarships to local students for the past 34 years.
1. The scholarship recipient(s) should be chosen based on the applicant’s:
- Documented financial need
- Academic achievements (e.g. honor roll, National Honor Society, overcoming academic challenges)
- Extra-curricular activities (e.g. athletics, student government, volunteering)
2. The Student must be one of the following:
- Child, grandchild, or spouse of a California Rodeo Salinas Committee Member in good standing; or
- Have worked themselves as a California Rodeo Salinas Committee Member in good standing. (A California Rodeo Salinas Committee Member is someone who volunteers directly for the Rodeo-not just as a volunteer in their school’s booth to earn money- and whose name is on record with the California Rodeo Association office as being an active Committee Member). Students who would like to learn how to become a Salinas Rodeo Committee member, please follow this link: Volunteering (carodeo.com) and complete the application to become a committee member for the next rodeo.
3. Additionally, the Student should:
- Be planning to attend a 2-year/4-year college, trade school, or graduate school.
- Be planning to attend full-time.
- Have a 2.5 minimum GPA
Special consideration will be given to students from Monterey County and students with a long-standing history of volunteering with the Salinas Rodeo.