Raymond H. Costa Family Scholarship
The Raymond H. Costa Family Scholarship has been established to provide scholarships to employees (and their children) of McDonald’s Restaurants of the Salinas Valley- Owned/Operated by Raymond H. Costa. The scholarship was established in order to promote learning and enhance the quality of life for our employees and their children. The scholarship provides funding to assist eligible students who wish to obtain undergraduate/postgraduate college education, attend a certificate course, or seek trade skill development.
To qualify, the employee must:
• Have been employed by a participating store for at least 90 days and work a minimum of 20 hours per week
• Be actively employed at the time the scholarship is distributed
• Be in good standing (i.e. not have been subject to significant disciplinary action within the prior 12 months)
To qualify, the applicant must:
• Be a qualified employee or an immediate family member of a qualified employee
• Have applied for admission to a 4-year college/university, community college, or vocational/technical certificate or program (note: scholarships for vocational/technical education are subject to approval based on the quality of the program)
• Have a high school or college GPA of 2.0 or higher
Scholarship funds may be used for tuition and cost of attendance at an institute of higher education or a vocational or certificate program.