Scholarship Fund for Homeless Women
The scholarship recipient(s) will be chosen based on the following factors:
For the purposes of this scholarship fund, the definition of homelessness includes self identifying women who are living on the street, in a car, in a shelter or in transitional housing. It also includes living in over crowded conditions, sleeping on a couch or in a garage.
• Single unaccompanied women and mothers who are homeless (as defined above) are eligible to apply and are given highest priority.
• All applicants must be residents of the Monterey Peninsula and attending (or admitted to) Monterey Peninsula College or California State University Monterey Bay.
• The Fund for Homeless Women Scholarship based on the availability of funding, may be renewed (fully or partially) for a maximum of four years. Exceptions will be made based on need, academic standing and availability of funding.
• Academic Excellence
• Demonstrated a financial need
To claim the award, the selected student must:
• Enroll in Monterey Peninsula College or California State University Monterey Bay.
• Submit proof of enrollment